Wrought Iron - Rustic - Iron Furniture - Furniture Art
Iron Bed - Iron Shelf - Rustic Lighting - Rustic Home
Natural Disasters In A Global Environment
Natural Disasters in a Global Environment is a transnational, global and environmental history of natural and man-made disasters. Detailed case studies of past and present events are presented in a historical narrative, making use of the most recent scholarship.
- Examines a range of disasters including volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, landslides, hurricanes, famines, and more
- Highlights the role of science in studying natural disasters and describes the mechanisms responsible for them
- Features a range of case studies which can be used in conjunction with one another or as standalone examples
- Covers scientific material in a lucid and accessible style suited toÂ undergraduate students or those outside of scientific disciplines
- Traces the transition of our understanding of disasters, from religious and superstitious explanations to contemporary scientific accounts
Prehistoric Archaeology On The Continental Shelf
The chapters in this edited volume present multi-disciplinary case studies of prehistoric archaeological sites located on now-submerged portions of the continental shelf. Each chapter represents an extension of the known prehistoric record beyond the modern shoreline. Case studies represent central themes of landscape change, climate change and societal development, using new technologies for mapping, monitoring and managing these sites.
Art of Steel Articles
Art of Steel Books